top of page

Q: My pet has consumed some antifreeze. Will this hurt him?

A: Antifreeze is extremely poisonous to dogs and cats. Please bring him to the clinic immediately for treatment.

Q: My pet has gotten into rat poison. Will it hurt him?

A: Rat poison can cause serious blood-clotting problems in dogs and cats. He should be brought in as soon as possible.

Q: My pet was just hit by a car. What should I do?

A: Make sure your pet has an open airway and can breathe. If your pet is a dog, secure its mouth to prevent biting---a stocking works well as a temporary muzzle---and transport it to the clinic on a board to control its movements and prevent further injury. If your pet is a cat, put it in a box. Bring the pet to the clinic as soon as you can, even if you think it is fine. Sometimes an injury can cause internal problems that aren’t readily apparent.

Q: My cat goes to the litter box constantly, but little or no urine comes out. What should I do?

A: Your cat may have a urinary tract infection or may have a blockage that’s preventing it from urinating. You should bring him to the clinic immediately.

If your pet is having an emergency, call us at immediately 604-583-7387.

bottom of page